Kick your shoes off, sit back and relax!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

same old shoes, same old street.

A poem I wrote on a good day,

I walked willingly the tracks i use to fear
following the stains of an anxiety drenched tear
with the same old shoes but different feet
instead of down trodden now up beat
my heart beats to a different tune inside and out
...wearing a coat that once dressed me with only self doubt
still pushing the boundaries and finding my feet
same old shoes, same old street
noticing the flower i use to think was a weed
every confident step is nourishment for the seed
food for the soul that was once in a cage
on a walk that use to take fearful age
looking through the eyes that only use to see fear
The same very eyes that cried the anxiety drenched tear
with the same old shoes but different feet
dancing to the tune of a different beat.



Anyone else out there relate to the sentiment of this poem????

No comments:

Post a Comment